Friday, September 17, 2010

Hello college football

I had to take a break. I was worried that my hasty emotions following the recent collapse of Hokie football would be spewed all over my blog. You deserve better than that. With that said, the fact that Hokie football runs through my veins requires, at the least, that I provide my thoughts regarding current Hokie status. I was worried this past Monday that I would receive some pokes and prods from those at work and I was right. I never thought I would say this, but I would be ok with a coaching change. I've grown up with Frank as my standard for college coaching, so it is hard to go against what he says. With that said, I've never been a fan of Bryan Stinespring, our offensive coordinator. I liken his play call decisions to many a college freshman's alcoholic consumption decisions: irrational and dangerous. I'm not football genious, but I think that if you are ahead of a team (Boise St.) and have 3rd and 7 with 2 minutes left, run the ball and punt. Don't attempt a stupid low percentage pass, giving the other team a full 2 minutes with which to work. I feel bad for Ryan Williams, a preseason Heisman contender, who can't get yards with these poor play calls. If you want me to talk about JMU, forget it. I might say some things I regret. Jim Weaver, if you're reading this, please hire some new coaches and then resign. You have made plenty of poor choices in your career at VT as well. Put Bud in charge and find somebody who knows what offense is. Stinespring recruits well so make him the recruiting guy. Do something.

In other news, my fall hockey season kicked off last Thursday. Our best players got moved up into the A-league, leaving our team weak. I used to be at the bottom of the talent pool, now I'm a little above average. That's not good. We won our first game 2-1 because the other team didn't have any subs. We lost last night 8-0. I take some blame because I went to Golden Corral beforehand. Don't. Do. That. Ever. That decision was about as smart as the aforementioned Bryan Stinespring choices. We have a girl on the team, a 40ish woman. That isn't weird, but the fact that she shares a locker room with us is. Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment