Thursday, March 10, 2011

Life Goes By Too Fast

I should probably just quit blogging. February 20? Really? That was my last post. That's pathetic. I apologize to all you out there in cyber space. I'm sure you are all torn up. Ok. On to my vain attempts to catch up on life. I have a good friend named Tyler. He has been my roomate since the spring of 2009. We had a good run. Amy finally tied him up and they got married in Nashville a.k.a. Nashvegas. He is no longer my roomate as he has moved to New Mexico. I'll miss you Tyler. I was fortunate enough to be a groomsman. Thanks Tyler. The wedding weekend was great, I got to experience some great Nashville culture (food and music). I am using facebook pictures not taken by me because all of my pictures are blurry and lame. Tyler, the photobooth was a great idea.



It's rare that I conquer a new state, but even rarer when I do it twice in the same season. This past weekend, I went back to Texas with Hannah to yet another wedding, this time for a high school friend. It was in Houston, the 4th largest in the U.S. I say that not for trivia purposes, but to prove that a country boy can visit a huge city and not get lost and/or overwhelmed. The wedding was at some garden place, it was dark and I didn't ask any questions. Food included gourmet mac n' cheese as well as a beef carving station. I almost forgot to mention the 4 types of wedding cake. And I know what you're thinking and the answer is yes. I had 2 pieces of wedding cake. The wedding was just the start of a great weekend. I had great bbq, Mexican food, enjoyed the world's largest rodeo, caught up with old friends and even got to meet some of Hannah's friends. Good weekend. Now it is time to do laundry and pack for this. That's right. It's time to shred some gnar.

4 comments:

  1. Tyler had a photo booth at his wedding?! Someday, when I hopefully get married, I totally want to do that too. I have been brainstorming for months how to make it successful, so I think I now have a resource to figure it out! Thanks, Scott.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two pieces of cake, Scott? I'm disappointed.

    I expected four, considering there are as many types of cake present.

    Very disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy to see the cakes made it into your recap... although I would have been shocked if they hadn't, you're just to cake crazed to not mention them. I would know, we have this in common!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cake like a fat kid loves...well cake.

    ReplyDelete