Friday, October 9, 2009

Nuptuals

Oh hello there. This week has been the week of the wedding. 3 weddings in 7 days. Last Saturday, I drove to the beautiful Shenendoah Valley to watch a buddy of mine from college, Toby, get married. The setting was a vineyard on top of a hill which overlooks the transition in Virginia from Piedmont to mountains. You can see in the picture the rolling hills followed by the steep mountains in the background. I got to see some guys from school that I hadn't seen since graduation and some not in 3+ years. It was gorgeous.

I had to be back in Norfolk Sunday morning for church, which meant a 3 hour drive at 6 am. If you ever have the chance to do that, just pass on it. After church I went to Busch Gardens for the Howl-o-Scream festivities. There were several haunted/scary/spooky type of buildings where you walk through them and people try to scare you. It was quite fun getting scared and laughing when other people got scared. The 2 best things at Busch Gardens were the real-life Joe Dirt, complete with ridiculous mullet and goatee, and the only woman I've ever seen with the mullet.

Last night, I watched Jim and Pam from The Office get married. Watching a wedding from the comfort of my couch is the way to go.

This weekend, my friends Jake and Amanda get married. I'm super excited. I have the honor of being a groomsman which means I get first crack at the reception buffet table. Sweet. I honed my dancing skills this week by helping out at homework club both Monday and Tuesday. I taught the kids how to do the Sprinkler, the Lawnmower, and the Shopping Cart. In return, I learned the Jerk. It is essentially like skipping, except you skip backwards and don't actually go anywhere. It requires rhythm, of which I have little. Hopefully I can overcome my bland ways this weekend and tear up some dance floor.

1 comment:

  1. I think that all of the Robinson siblings were forgotten when God was handing out rhythm! Love, Bam

    ReplyDelete