Saturday, September 26, 2009

Amazing

So here I sit, outside on a beautiful Saturday, draining the coolant out of my car and replacing it with fresh coolant. I'm listening to Pandora radio. Good times. Speaking of good times, I went to Blacksburg last weekend to celebrate mom's birth, my birth, and how awesome Hokie football is. Both of my sisters were there, along with my awesome nephew and niece. If you were one of the people there last weekend, know that you made my weekend great. Thanks so much. Whether it was talking with my family, enjoying mom or Bron's home cookin, playing catch with my nephew Connor, tailgating with friends, or watching VT squeak by Nebraska with Josh, I had a blast. It is such a blessing to have so many friends and family who love me so well.

After returning from Blacksburg to the working world, I didn't have any great expectations for the week. Work, gym, homework club, wing night, the usual. Or so I thought. I usually hang out with my friend Jake on Thursdays and one of us cooks dinner. When I got to his house, I was informed Jake hadn't cooked dinner and we were going to Plaza Azteca, a great Mexican restaurant. When we got there, about 20 of my friends from down here were all gathered at a big long table. Surprise! What an amazing meal. I was so humbled. It got me thinking about how unworthy I am of such community and friendship. When I read in the bible about God having a banquet for me in heaven, I think about Plaza Azteca. So basically heaven is going to be a big feast with nachos, sombreros on my head, a pint of Dos Equis and tons of joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment