Saturday, March 20, 2010

spring

There are many things I don't like about Norfolk. One of the most evident is the winter. The winter in Norfolk is so unsure of itself. There is a sense in which winter in other places is either 50+ or cold, snowing and awesome. A usual winter day in Norfolk is a high of 40, a low of 31 and rain. Vomit. On the flip side, springtime is nice. It comes quicker than other places. While other environments have March weather in the 40s/50s, Norfolk has been mostly sunny with days in the 60s. Beautiful. The weather application on my desktop has Norfolk listed at 81 right now. I washed the car yesterday, played tennis this morning, and I think after I get done cleaning my room and rockin out to Van Halen, a run is in order.

Speaking of my room, my roomates and I are in the homestretch of moving down the street. Pictures are going up, closets are being filled and organization is proceeding. Another thing I love about spring: planting. I started pots of Roma tomatoes, bell peppers, basil and rosemary last Sunday. I get excited about growing my own food. My plan this year is to plant early and then plant again in late May so I can have two harvests.

My hockey team is getting better. We had the lead for most of the game on Thursday before giving it away in the third period to lose 3-2. I scored the first goal of the game which got me more excited than a 5 year old at Christmas. You may be thinking that I did some fancy move and gracefully placed the puck top-shelf. False. I stood my large behind in front of the net and after my teammate shot the puck, I started swinging for a rebound. It came up and bounced off my chest and in. NHL here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment