Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Too much

So this past week has been nuts. The first of my huge tests is tomorrow and I only feel moderately ready. My brain has never been so inundated by useless information. I have been working every day since last Saturday, most days for 10+ hours. Cramming, thinking, memorizing. One coworker compared our studying to how a poly-sci major studies. No offense to all you poly-sci's out there. I think it's an adequate comparison. 7.5 hours of writing and information regurgitation.

I took a break from studying on Sunday to play hockey. It was looking pretty bleak as we went down 4-1 to a vastly better team. We have a new guy on the team who has crazy moves and skates more gracefully than I can ever dream of. He decided to take over and start scoring. I even had a goal. Now I know what you're thinking, "Scott is super awesome at hockey. I'm lucky to know such a star." False. I've owned my skates for 11 years and they finally fell apart. Sole rotting, rivets breaking, etc. I was less stable than normal Sunday. I fell in front of the net, and as I was getting up, the puck hit my stick and went in. Boom. So late in the third period the score was tied, 4-4 and the other team threatening with the puck in our zone. I see a guy headed toward the net and so I step in front of him. Collision. He gets up in my face accusing me of an elbow. Too bad he hit my shoulder. He threatened retaliation. I laughed. Ensuing faceoff, I head to the corner to get the puck with 10 seconds left. All of a sudden I'm hit from behind. I get to my feet and see this idiot grinning. I see that the ref called him for boarding and he would have to sit in the box during the shootout, unable to contribute. We won the shootout 3-0. Last laugh goes to Scott.

I did pick the first squash of the year today. I'm pretty stoked. Ok one more story. You're a trooper if you're still reading this. So today I parked in a spot at work where you get towed if you park after 3 pm. So at 255 I went to move my car realizing I needed more time at work. So as I approach my car, a very large man on a big Harley pulls up and parks. At 255. I watch. I have no room to make fun of people for how they dress, but this dude was crazy. Shorts, ratty loafers w/ no socks, German bike helmet that was about 5 sizes too small, huge beard, you get the picture. So he walks up to a public trashcan and pulls out a tape measure. He starts measuring the trash can. Every dimension available. He finishes, gets back on his bike, and gets back on the interstate. It's moments like this that occur almost daily in the 757. Such a confusing place.

No comments:

Post a Comment