Tuesday, January 11, 2011

To the hills, part 1

Unlike other blogs you may read, I am unable to keep up with time. I am slowly catching up on my own life since Thanksgiving. So here we go.

The weekend after shooting stuff was man weekend #2. A buddy of mine from college has a family house on the river in the Northern Neck of VA. So from time to time we have reunions up there. This was one of those weekends. It was the first of a few snowy weekends in the 757 and the river was frozen over. I'm dumb and didn't take any pictures. Sorry. We did what men do: ate too much, watched The Other Guys, and caught up on life. I don't get to see those guys very often, so this was a treat.

Next was Christmas. Again, Hannah decided to join me for another trip to Blacksburg, which was great. She learned about how my family does Christmas presents in a nice, orderly fashion as opposed to the normal free-for-all and how awesome Blacksburg is when it snows. Well, almost. Dad called me up a few days before break and told me the starter on Big Red was busted and that I would replace that over break. I tried and failed and therefore missed out on doing donuts in every snowy parking lot in Blacksburg. But what I did do was skate on natural pond (one of my favorite activites), ate some of Mom's best home-cookin, kicked everyone's butt in a snowball fight, played with my niece and nephew, and caught up with some friends I don't see enough, as shown above.

So I remember Christmas being amazing, but since I've waited so long to talk with you about it, I've forgotten things. If I saw you over Christmas and we did something cool together, please comment about it instead of being angry with me. That would remind me of why it was great instead of laying a large guilt trip.

Enjoy the video. I hope you like meat:
http://thedailywh.at/post/2403467852/epic-meal-of-the-day-the-epic-meal-time-gourmands

2 comments:

  1. I thought I was a true bacon enthusiast until I saw that video. Wow. So what you're saying is that when I replace the siding on my house, I should shop for materials at the grocery store instead of the home improvement store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott, I'm going to take Lauren to your natural pond for a date on Friday morning! I'll let you know how it goes...

    ReplyDelete