Thursday, August 11, 2011

Back at it


Silence. That's what you've been hearing from me via this blog for over 2 months. You had probably given up on me. Unless you have blog updates sent to your email, you may not even read this. I hope you haven't given up on me. I will post on facebook when I update this blog so you have a better chance of knowing about it.




As I predicted at the beginning of June, this has definitely been the busiest summer of my life. There was a 5 week stint of not even being in Norfolk on the weekends. Wedding, vacation, a beer festival, meeting new family members, etc. Now don't get me wrong, I loved doing all of these things dearly, but after they were over and I actually got to go to my church on a Sunday I felt great. Not just great, but rested.




My two big ticket items this summer were my oral board and helping Hannah to plan for our wedding. The good news is that I passed my oral board this past Tuesday! I'm pretty excited about that. I no longer have to put in extra hours studying for this thing. The oral board is the final step in becoming a qualified Shift Test Engineer. I went in front of some big wigs here at the shipyard and they grill me with questions for a little over an hour to ascertain whether I'm competent enough to keep their submarine engine room safe and productive.




As for the wedding, Hannah and I are 23 days away. To say that I'm excited is an understatement. Our engagement has been short compared to most and I'm not sure how people do long engagements. I'm so glad we've had a short one. I can't wait to see friends I now see only on rare occasions and celebrate what God is doing in both Hannah and I's lives. I used to picture wedding planning as something that the man tries to stay away from. And while there are things I'm not concerned with such as flowers, colors, table stuff, etc., I have enjoyed picking out other things such as food, beer, suits, music, scripture, etc. with Hannah.



I haven't put any pictures up in awhile, so here are a few from the summer:


Two old mustangs convoying together. Awesome.



Memorial Day Whoppa Reunion skeet shoot.



Hannah participated, and even bagged a clay pigeon!



I even visited my metropolitan nemisis: DC.






Floyd County Beer and Wine Festival. Man I love mountains.


2 comments:

  1. I'd never leave you, Scotty.

    COngrats on the oral boards-- pown those nukes!
    Love the skeet shootin' photo...well done.

    ReplyDelete