Friday, August 26, 2011

Every day's an adventure

2 natural disasters in one week? It looks that way. Ironically, I listened to CCR's "Bad Moon Risin" on Tuesday on the way to work. It got to the part about earthquakes and I laughed because earthquakes don't happen here. Whoops. I am happy to report that both reactors at North Anna power station were not damaged and shutdown appropriately. Backup diesel generators performed normally and it looks as if the reactors will be shutdown until all components are evaluated properly for earthquake damage.

There must be a bad moon risin because tomorrow night Ms. Irene is supposed to visit Norfolk. Fortunately, I am not afraid. I have a parking garage for my car (RIP Guinevere), I don't live in a category 1 storm surge area (10 ft higher in a category 2), all outdoor plants and things will be or have been moved inside to prevent them from taking flight, all wedding paraphanalia are safe, and batteries/water/nonperishable food have been purchased. I am hurricane ready. So don't worry about me. I leave you with this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxdmw4tJJ1Y&ob=av2e

No comments:

Post a Comment