Sunday, February 1, 2009

Rockin the night shift

As promised, I am updating here once a week. As mentioned previously, I was placed on a new boat, the USS Norfolk, for the next few weeks. If you have never seen a submarine before, a good link can be found here: http://navysite.de/ssn/ssn714.htm OR http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv40R_l3yew. I have been working at night this past week, so I'm adjusting to sleeping during the day. By the way, I would suggest avoiding nightshift work whenever possible.

On the plus side, mom came and visited me this weekend. I took her around to the great restaurants in Norfolk. I think women like to shop, so we went shopping together. We went to many home furnishing stores, which confuse me. I think the only stores where I belong are grocery and sports stores. Although confusing, I had a blast with mom at said stores and it was great to have her in the 757 for the weekend.

I hope you have seen the movie "Hot Rod". If you haven't, rent it. It's hilarious. If you like the 80s, Andy Samburg, Mopeds and laughing, you will like it. I am listening to "Never" by Dean Pritchford and Michael Gore, it's a song in that movie.

I hope this blog entry finds you doing well and enjoying the beautiful day outside. It is time for me to go run outside, which I'm sure will be another adventure here in the 757. I apologize for the cheesiness there. Enjoy the super bowl. Football rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment