Wednesday, February 25, 2009

back to normal

Welcome again to another installment of Scott's adventures in the 757. I will start with the best part of the week. One of the folks in my community group has a daughter who plays bball for Winston-Salem St. and they played at Norfolk State on Monday. The girls' game was fun, but the men's game afterward was amazing. I thought about leaving before the guys game started, but then I noticed something. Both of these schools are historically black, which changes the entertainment value of the game. Cheerleaders don't cheer like at games I am used to, they do awesome dances instead. To start a dance, one girl starts dancing by herself and then the whole crew joins in. Unfortunately words can't describe the dancing style, but let's just say there was alot of hip movement. I wish I could dance half as good as they did. When I see you, I'll demonstrate the dancing. You'll laugh.

Then come the timeouts. The captain of the squad from the home school dances/skips/shakes towards halfcourt, challenging the other cheer squad. Then the captains whole crew joins in behind her, in perfect choreography. They do a dance, then the other team does a dance. I wasn't sure who wins, so I decided that everybody was a winner. So essentially during timeouts, there is a huge danceoff. Out of the 9 white people in attendence, I was definately the most excited. Heck, I was probably more excited then most people there. I was more excited for timeouts than I was for the actual game. Simply amazing. Now I will have to go to the band battles that schools like NSU host.

In other news, since I haven't had a haircut since September, I decided a mullet was in order. I figured since I have nobody to impress, why not? Don't worry it's only for a short time. My good looks and I will soon be reaquainted.

On the work front, I worked it out so I can work normal hours (6am-2pm) this week. What a blessing that has been. One purpose the mullet has served is one of rebellion at work. Let me explain. When you work night shift, you are supposed to receive 10% more pay. I never saw a cent and when I asked about it, I was told I would not be receiving that pay. Mess with me, and you'll get the mullet. See below.

It is definately better than last year's due to the fact that it was done in a properly lit area by someone with skills and clippers. I apologize for this post being late. I hope you are well. I'm waking up at 5 am. Time for sleep.

3 comments:

  1. Incredible mullet. I hope you get your fair pay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done an incredible service for the community, and I thank you for that. Just a wicked sweet mullet rivaling that of Richard Dean Anderson in his hayday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, Scott! Too bad you decided to cut it off! Hey...the 80's were a rockin' time! LOL.....Todd

    ReplyDelete