Thursday, January 28, 2010

Workouts

As I sit here watching the State of the Union Address, I think I should provide an update. I have been kind of busy this week as my chemistry class wrapped up. I took my final on Wednesday and I'm glad it's over. I'm not good at chemistry but I learned some good science. I think I passed my test and now it's time to move on to Fluids and Electical systems.

I decided to change up my normal workouts this week. I usually run between 3 and 4 miles on running days, but Tuesday I decided to run to the tennis courts which is about 3 miles. So, run 3 miles, play tennis, run 3 miles. I played tennis until dark, then began to run home. I had forgotten that to get home, I had to run through a neighborhood that is a little sketchy after dark. I also neglected to realize that I looked a little out of place with my tennis racket sticking out of my backpack. So as I'm running, I see a group of what looked to be middle schoolers. I hear one of them say, "That dude looks intense". I can only assume this was due to the shin splint pain. Then one of them started following me on his bike. All of a sudden he asks, "Are you trying to lose weight?" Humbling. I didn't know what to say so I said yeah.

In other news, I made pizza dough from scratch. Crazy delicious and cheap. Here is the recipe:
3.5 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1.5 cups warm water
1/2 tsp dry active yeast
1/2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp olive oil
Mix flour and sugar. Pile on working surface and make a baseball sized well in the flour. Mix water, yeast, sugar, olive oil in a bowl. Pour into well. Be on guard against making a mess, I did. Slowly work flour into water and mix. Knead until it looks like dough. Drizzle with olive oil and flour before baking. The best part is the taste.

4 comments:

  1. your blog is one of the only peices of writing that will make me laugh out loud. very loud. youre the man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how are you gonna talk about workouts and not mention us running at 10pm around a track.

    thanks for blogging the recipe, now i dont need to go looking for it.

    see you thur

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good call, Jake. Running at 10 pm on a Sat. night at a dark track is sketchy. And exhausting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I propose renaming this post as "The Runs" since that's the vast majority of what you're doing here... and it's funnier.

    ReplyDelete