Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Thoughts and Things that make me laugh


I went to wedding #7 two weekends ago, and I forgot my camera. Again. It was beautiful, right at the base of Afton Mountain, with just a hint of the beginnings of a western VA fall. Now I've been to a bunch of weddings in my life, so even with my small man-brain I've noticed a few things other than the food, cake, and dance moves. I feel sorry for ring bearer. I did it once when I was little. I don't even know who's wedding it was. Basically you take a 5 year old, dress him up in overpriced and uncomfortable clothes which he will stain by running around and sliding in the mud or grass, promise him cake or an action figure, tell him to walk around with a frilly pillow and have all the ladies comment about how cute he is. The child seems to be cuter when he wanders off or does something that if a normal adult did, would be considered a drunk. Ladies, you have no idea how the mind of a 5 year old works. He wants nothing to do with this process. He doesn't want to be ogled at like a puppy. He wants to be a man. GI Joes, monster trucks, you know, man stuff. Women saying, "Awww, how cute!" about 1,000 times is demoralizing. Stop it, girls. Let's stop emasculating kindergartners.

My hockey team still sucks. We still have a woman who shares a locker room with the guys. I'm scoring more so I guess that's a plus. We've been outscored 20-3 over the past 4 games. Gross.

Things that make me laugh: old commercials.


1 comment: