Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Man Weekend

It has been too long since I have last blogged. My sincere apologies. This past weekend was Man Weekend. That means that a bunch of men from college and beyond gathered together to celebrate March Madness and how awesome it is to be men. We played croquet, golf, watched college basketball, told sweet stories old and new, ate too much junk food, and much more. It was so good to be encouraged by how dear friends are living.

Speaking of manly things, hockey season has started. I'm in the big leagues now, no more roller hockey. Playing on ice is so great and even though I am terrible in comparison to my teammates, I have great fun and it gets me off of my fat butt. The Whalers (that's my team) are 1-3 with one of those losses coming in overtime. We have played the best teams in the league and are looking forward to easier teams and more wins. The Whalers are generally comprised of older men who talk about their wives, families and jobs. My teammates ensure there is never a shortage of post-game beer in the locker room. Needless to say I don't have a ton to add to post-game conversations, but I do my best to relate and communicate with this demographic.

I have spent some quality time with my sweetheart lately. I have changed her forehead (windshield), replaced an eyelid (wiper), given her a blood transfusion (oil change), and I plan an alveoli transplant (air filter, look up alveoli for yourself) within the next few weeks. I decided to change oil at the shipyard's hobby shop which is a garage where you can use a hydraulic lift to put your vehicle real high so you can walk under it. I met a man there who had the sweetest mexi-mullet/mustache combo I have ever seen.

Speaking of the shipyard, it has been a good few weeks, save for today. If you have been reading about recent adventures, you will recall a man I named "Sweats". Sweats decided it would be a good idea to fart in the face of my friend Kevin and I today. I usually laugh at farts, but that was really gross. We have been doing some really good work on the boat and all of that culminated Monday when we completed the most important part of the ship's time in the shipyard. I learned last week there is a man at work named Bruce Wayner. Take that "r" away and you have Batman. I hope he wears a batman costume on halloween. I also met a guy on the boat who is from Lee County, VA. It was refreshing to meet someone representing southwest VA.

Finally, we all know that white people love to make black friends. I am no exception. I play basketball before my workouts at the gym and I met a guy named Fingley who reminds me of LeBron James. He can dunk, shoot the J, drain 3s like it's his job, and block everything. I played 21 with Fingley and 6 others before we played 4 on 4. Fingley dominated 21 and therefore got first pick for 4 on 4. Now keep in mind that all the players were exponentially better at basketball than me. Most were taller, all could jump higher, and everybody was faster. Guess who Fingley chose first? ME. The white kid who only knows how to play defence. Defence must win championchips because we rolled through 4 straight teams and Fingley's favorite passing option was yours truly. It was like Stockton and Malone/Jordan and Pippen. The chemistry was flawless.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you are well. I look forward to catching up with you soon. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment