Saturday, August 28, 2010

Acadia National

August 12, Day 5:

After hiking Katahdin, we drove to the famous Acadia National Park. Day 5 started with breakfast at a local place where I had more blueberry pancakes. They even had homemade bread with homemade strawberry rhubarb jelly. Delicious. After a good breakfast, we scheduled some kayaks for our last day and then went to hike a short trail called "Beehive", right on the coast. What can I say, it was another beautiful hike. Good ocean views, hardwood birch trees, mild temperatures and plenty of blue sky. We drove around Acadia National Park to some of the small seasonal towns, found free ice cream (always my favorite), and headed back to our campground outside of Bar Harbor for a campfire meal of clam chowder (they say "chowdah") and lobster bisque. The best part was the taste.


Now after dinner we had s'mores. Let me tell you about my stance on s'mores. I pride myself on my s'more-making ability. I probably sound arrogant, but I think I have the perfect setup. I roll with a warm graham, chocolate near the fire during the s'more process for softening, 2 slow-roasted mallows that are done when they is near-liquid all the way through with a slight carmelized outside, and placed warm on the chocolate for a gooey consistency. There is your recipe for the week right there. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment