Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Initial Ascent, Day 2

Before I blog about Day 2, I'd like to say I want to meet the guy who invented the bag flour is sold in. And punch him in the face. It is impossible to transfer flour from that dang bag without making a huge mess.

August 9:
Thanks to my Big Agnes sleeping bag with integrated sleeping pad, I awake refreshed. Josh and Todd know this dude from Blacksburg who is vacationing in Maine and has given us the heads up on the best spot for breakfast.
Blueberry pancakes are the obvious choice since blueberries are a big deal in Maine. They are the best pancakes I've ever had, which is a bold statement due to my degree of pancake intake.

Pictured here is the first hike of the trip. It wasn't very long, only about 1.5 miles up to this gorgeous overlook of some lake. Afterward, we went swimming in it. Cold, but not as cold as the ocean seen above. The best part about Maine's oceans is the sound. The waves crash and as they pull back out, the water pulls small rocks across bigger rocks making a really awesome sound. I am truly basking in the Lord's creation.



Here we are touring the Camden Harbor, looking at crazy expensive homes and boats and watching lobstermen do work. Part of me thinks that would be fun work. Maybe I don't have the sea legs. After this tour, a dinner cookout along the beach complete with burgers, brats, smores, corn, and pasta salad, not necessarilly in that order. Another fantastic day in Maine.







2 comments:

  1. I totally agree about the flour bag inventor. There has to be a better way... flour boxes like the kind they use for cake mixes maybe. And Big Agnes is on to something with the integrated sleeping pad. I seem to always wake up on the ground next to my sleeping pad when I go camping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm no shoutout for the big anges suggestion...thats all im saying...and we were cuddle buddies for this trip and still no mention!!

    why even have a blog

    ReplyDelete