Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I have an idea

I got from Maine yesterday. It was awesome. I've been thinking about how to describe this trip to you. So I will enact a retroactive log of my journey. Aside from this weekend (dad's in town as well as a quick visit to the Outer Banks to visit a buddy I haven't seen in awhile) I will write daily as if I'm still on vacation in order to provide a snapshot of each day. Today's entry will revolve around the night before leaving a.k.a. my buddy Justin's wedding as well as the drive up.

August 7-8:
One of my roomates from college, Justin, got married tonight. It was a fantastic celebration. The icing on the cake (pun intended) was when, immediately after the cutting of the cake, I asked the wedding planner what kind of cake it was. If you don't know me well, I have had an obsession with wedding cake since childhood. Upon asking what kind of cake it was, the planner cut a big piece of cake and set it in front of me. First piece of cake = delicious. Easy math. Nothing compliments wedding cake like Yuengling.
_
_
_
Immediately after dancing a bunch and enjoying the diverse and sweet buffet, Todd and I headed for Springfield to pick up our other hikers. Then I fell asleep until IHOP in Philly at 8 am. A quick look at the map showed we would drive through NYC and up through Connecticut. Driving through Wincasset, ME around dinnertime we embarked on the first of my culinary goals for the trip: Lobster. Pictured is the famous Red's Shack Lobster roll. It is a hot dog bun with a whole pound of lobster on it served with hot butter. Whoooooa. Cross that off the bucket list. The night finished with our first campground in Camden, ME. This is going to be a good trip.


No comments:

Post a Comment